(you can jump to our Starter Package Pricing Table by clicking here, but please, read on . . .)
Think about all the tables you’ve ever seen that lay out your “options” in columns. More than helping you make a decision, they’re there to confuse you and get you to pick something, QUICK!. Here’s an example:
If all that isn’t enough, there’s fine print:. Here’s some of how this particular Search Engine Optimization company says “we won’t actually do the things we’re promising”:
Seriously: they’ll do SEO for you, but they’ll only do it on twenty pages of your web site. And they give you lots of “details”, but it’s a pretty good bet you won’t understand them. Now look at the pricing: there’s a $2,000 set-up fee no matter which of their plans you buy or how complex—or simple—your web site is! And by the way; there’s no difference between the plans that’s good enough to justify the difference in monthly prices. It’s all made up. Here’s another table, from another SEO and Internet Marketing vendor. And this one is actually a lot better because there’s a sort-of delineation between the features of the plans they make available:
But wait a second. “Starting at“? What’s the point of three separate plans with “prices” if you don’t know what the actual prices are? Oh, and by the way: since the low price is higher than most people think they’ll pay for SEO and the high price is lower than most businesses which realize that professional marketing is not a $50-$100 / month endeavor they’re budgeting for, these numbers are, very simply, nonsense.
Pricing tables are NOT the way to pick a Search and Marketing consultant, or any other kind of consultant.
But People Like Tables
They probably shouldn’t. Most of the times tables and “plans” are a way to cram you into a box that the company selling you their services would like to keep you in. For example, we’ve talked a few times here about the way Hubspot does business:
The truth is, Hubspot has the potential to be a great service, but in most ways their cram-you-in-a-box pricing approach pays off a lot better for Hubspot than for Hubspot clients.
Since every client is different and deserves to be treated that way, we try to avoid the whole table mentality. But realizing that we need to make this easy, we’ve created one. And here it is. But we believe we can serve you better if you just press this button:
Here’s The Start-Up Plan Pricing and Options Table For Influency:
- ♦ Design
- ♦ Wire Framing
- ♦ User Experience (UX)
- ♦ Primitives Design and Creation
- ♦ Hotzone Research and Page Flow
- ♦ Development
- ♦ CMS Selection and Customization
- ♦ Site Creation
- ♦ SiteHosting
- ♦ Domain Hosting and Management
- ♦ Email Communication Design
- ♦ Optimization
- ♦ SEO (Search Engine Optimization)
- ♦ SEM/PPC (Paid and Click Marketing)
- ♦ Coupons and Local Discovery
- ♦ Reputation Management
- ♦ Content Marketing
- ♦ On-Site Content Strategy and Build
- ♦ Social Media Strategy and Execution
- ♦ Media Creation
- ♦ Audio and Podcasting
- ♦ Video Creation, Hosting, and Marketing
- ♦ Design:
- Design can cost anywhere between a couple of hundred and several thousand dollars. Really large e-commerce sites tend to be at the high end of that spectrum, while smaller, ‘electronic business card’ sites are simple and inexpensive. At Answer Guy Central, there are never any ugly pricing surprises
- ♦ Development:
- Development can take just a few minutes, and under the right circumstances you can actually ‘roll out a web site’ yourself! But depending on how complicated your site is, it can cost tens of thousands of dollars to ‘make it work’. We want you to understand your options, and we’ll explain them so you can both watch your budget and get what you need out of your web site
- ♦ Optimization:
- Optimization is a process, rather than a task. There are pieces of optimizaion that only get done once, and are best—but not necessarily—completed at the same time as design. Believe it or not, less-reputable firms charge as little as $30 per month for this, while the big guys charge monthly fees that start at about $18,000! We’ll explain what’s involved in optimization and even teach you how to handle it yourself if that’s your preference.
- ♦ Content Marketing:
- Like optimization, content management is a continuing process. If anyone ever tells you they have a “package” for your content management, they’re not worth your time. We’ll teach you how to create content that Google will find, and people will love
- ♦ Media Creation:
- Media works; people like listening and watching, as well as reading. Done well, media keeps people on your site longer, makes them engage, and lifts sales like nothing else. And Search Engine Love It. But Media has to be done right, or it will actually chase people away. We’ll show you how media works with Influency, help you create a plan for using media, and teach you everything you need to build it out
And Here’s the Obligatory “Guarantee”:
If we could give you your money back after we spent it delivering you services, we would, but … obviously that isn”t really possible. And by the way: we will get you first-page rankings, but we won’t “guarantee” it—and if anyone ever tells you they can; run the other way.
Here’s our promise to you:
You WILL be happy with our work. We WILL get you noticed. We WILL increase both your prominence in the eyes of Google and other search engines. We WILL increase traffic to your web site. And if you do a lot of other things well (and we’ll help), you WILL increase revenue. Oh, and just as a kicker:
If you stay with any of our plans for six months and aren’t happy, we’ll work for another two months, for free.
Then again, that’s our policy for customized plans, too, so let’s talk: